2 tbsp golden caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
10 slices Waitrose LOVE Life high fibre soft white bread
6 tbsp 0% fat free Greek yogurt, to serve
Raspberry and vanilla summer pudding
1. Gently heat the raspberries, sugar, vanilla pod and 5 tablespoons of water in a pan for 3-4 minutes, until the fruit softens and releases its juices. Remove from the heat.
2. Cut the crusts from the bread. Using a 8-10cm cutter, stamp out a circle and press into the base of a 1-litre pudding basin. Cut the remaining bread slices in half to make long rectangles and use most of them to line the sides of the basin, overlapping slightly so there are no gaps.
3. Remove the vanilla pod and spoon the fruit into the basin, making sure the juices are evenly drizzled over the bread. Top with the remaining bread and a fi nal drizzle of juice, then cover with cling fi lm. Place the basin in the fridge, put a plate on top of the bread lid and add a heavy weight. Chill overnight.
4. Remove the weight and plate and discard the cling film.Gently run a palette knife between the pudding and the basin. Place a serving plate on top and invert the basin to turn out the pudding. Serve chilled with a dollop of yogurt.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes, plus overnight chilling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Aug 21 11:46:00 BST 2012.