Save to your scrapbook
Raspberry doughnut muffins
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
A cross between doughnuts and muffins, this easy recipe is great for baking with children.
200g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
250g golden caster sugar
100ml natural yogurt
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g Flora Buttery, melted, plus extra for greasing
4 tbsp raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and 150g of the sugar.
3. Whisk the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract together in a large jug then pour into the flour along with the melted Flora Buttery. Stir together but don’t over mix.
4. Divide two-thirds of the mixture between the muffin tin holes, then add 1 tsp jam to the centre of each. Top with the remaining mixture, making sure the jam is completely enclosed.
5. Bake for 15–20 minutes until firm and golden. Leave the duffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift out and coat in the remaining caster sugar. Best eaten warm.
This recipe was first published in September 2014.