This lovely, coarse-textured dip is perfect with warm, griddled pitta bread, but is equally good served with crudités.
Red Pepper, Roast Red Onion and Feta Dip
- 2 red onions, in their skins
- 310g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 200g Greek Feta, drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 6 pitta breads, griddled and sliced
- 25g kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Bake the red onions for about 40 minutes, or until soft. Cool for 10 minutes, peel and discard the skin.
- Roughly blitz the onions and peppers together in a blender, then crumble in the Feta. Add the oil, vinegar, thyme and plenty of black pepper and blitz to combine – keep a coarse texture. Taste to check the seasoning.
- Refrigerate and serve cool with the pitta bread. Scatter with the olives and extra thyme.
Pungent, fridge-cold fino is perfect with the tapas-like flavours
of this Mediterranean combination.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes, plus cooling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Dec 01 00:00:00 GMT 2008.