This simple family meal made using salmon fillet and ready-made cheese sauce, is a great option for an easy-to-prepare weekday supper.
Roasted Salmon Pasta in a Cheesy Sauce with Vegetables
- 300g Waitrose Scottish Salmon Fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 300g Waitrose Rigatoni dried pasta
- 250g frozen Waitrose Vegetable Mix Pea and Bean
- 350g tub Waitrose Perfectly Balanced Cheese Sauce
- ½ x 15g pack fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the salmon on a piece of non-stick baking parchment and lift onto a square of foil. Drizzle with the olive oil and the lemon juice and season with a little black pepper.
- Take another square of foil, oil lightly and place loosely over the top, oiled-side down. Fold up the sides to form a packet and lift onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked and easy to flake. Leave to stand for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta, return to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the pea and bean mix and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until the pasta is just cooked. Drain well and cover.
- Heat the cheese sauce according to pack instructions. Pour the sauce over the pasta and vegetables. Flake in the salmon, keeping the pieces quite large, and stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle the pasta with the dill and serve immediately, with a good grind of black pepper.
For convenience, use frozen Waitrose Scottish Salmon Fillets (available in 480g packs of 4).
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 30 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Oct 01 01:00:00 BST 2005.