Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
An absolute family favourite that’ll please everyone. This is a handy recipe to have as you can use it to make a bunch of other dishes, like chilli con carne and lasagne.
This is a Full Time: Get Cooking with Marcus and Tom recipe. Premier League footballer Marcus Rashford and chef Tom Kerridge have created the campaign as part of #EndChildFoodPoverty to get families across the country cooking nutritious, low-cost meals.
500g 5% fat beef mince
1 mug of frozen onions
1 mug of frozen sliced mixed peppers
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 mug of water
2 tbsp gravy granules
1 x 500g packet spaghetti
Grated parmesan, to serve
1. Heat a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Once hot, tip in the mince and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes, until the mince is evenly browned.
2. peel and grate the carrot, then add this along with the frozen onions and peppers to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for a few more minutes to soften, stirring often.
3. Once the onions are soft, add the tomato purée and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the chopped tomatoes along with the mug of water, gravy granules and a bit of pepper. Bring it to a gentle bubble and cook over a low-medium heat, stirring often, for around 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
4. While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions.
5. Once cooked, drain the pasta and serve it into bowls, then top with the bolognese sauce and a sprinkling of grated parmesan.
This recipe was first published in August 2021.