- 2 bulbs fennel
- 2 large ripe avocadoes
- 2 limes
- 4-6 heads of red chicory
- 2 x 70g packs of prosciutto crudo affumicato
- A drizzle of very good extra virgin olive oil
- Coriander leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Salad of Red Chicory, Fennel, Avocado, and Prosciutto
- Trim 2 bulbs of fennel, quarter, remove cores, then slice finely and place in a large bowl. Halve, destone and peel 2 large, ripe avocados, cut into thin slivers and add to the fennel along with the juice from 2 limes. Lightly mix with your hands to coat the avocado slices in the lime juice.
- Divide the leaves from 4-6 heads (2 packs) of red chicory between 6 plates and top with the fennel and avocado mix. Take 2 x 70g packs of prosciutto crudo affumicato, tear the slices into strips and delicately drape over the salad. Drizzle with a really good extra virgin olive oil - such as Gaea's Greek oil from Sitia, Crete - scatter over some coriander leaves and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Sat Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 2005.