Save to your scrapbook
Salted caramel and cinnamon popcorn
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: 4 - 6
2 tsp Sunflower oil
50g popcorn maize
140g Caster sugar
20g Unsalted butter
½ tsp Maldon sea salt
½ tsp Ground cinnamon
1. Add the oil into a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the popcorn and put the lid on (this needs to be a tight fitting lid).
2. The popcorn will begin to pop after a few minutes. Shake the pan occasionally until most or all of the popcorn has popped. This should take 5-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make the caramel sauce, put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir. Place over a medium heat until the caramel resembles the colour of golden syrup.
4. Add the butter, ground cinnamon and salt. Stir well and add the caramel sauce to the warm popcorn. Stir well to ensure the popcorn is well coated.
5. Spread onto a sheet of parchment paper and leave to cool. Keep in an airtight container and consume within 1 week.
This recipe was first published in Wed Dec 17 14:34:01 GMT 2014.