Total time: Ready in 45 mins
Simple prawn kedgeree with dill soured cream
- Knob of essential Waitrose Dairy Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1–2 tsp Veeraswamy Medium Moglai Curry Paste
- 250g Waitrose LOVE Life Brown Basmati Rice
- 500g tub Cooks’ Ingredients Fish Stock
- 20g pack fresh dill, chopped
- 4 tbsp essential Waitrose Half Fat Soured Cream
- 2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 260g freshly cooked and peeled king prawns
- ½ x 25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 medium Columbian Blacktail Free Range Eggs, hard-boiled and quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Melt the butter in a large flameproof casserole dish and add the onion. Cook gently for 5 minutes until soft but not golden then add the curry paste and cook for a further minute.
2. Add the rice, stirring to coat in the paste, then add the stock. Bring to the boil, cover, then bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the dill, soured cream and capers and set aside.
4. Gently stir the prawns through the rice and return the dish to the oven for a further 5 minutes to heat through. Stir through the parsley then divide between plates and top with the egg. Serve with the dill soured cream.