A recipe with wholewheat pasta for extra fibre.
Spaghetti with spinach pesto and ricotta
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 17 minutes
- 300g wholewheat spaghetti
- 250g essential Waitrose spinach, well washed
- 25g basil, leaves only
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 250g ricotta
- 30g essential Waitrose parmigiano reggiano, finely grated
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto, put 225g spinach, the basil leaves, garlic, olive oil and nutmeg in a food processor. Add half the ricotta and most of the parmigiano reggiano and whiz to a smoothish sauce. Season.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the remaining spinach so the leaves wilt, then toss with the pesto.
- Serve the pasta dotted with the remaining ricotta and scattered with the remaining parmigiano reggiano.