- 250g shortcrust pastry
- 2 x 250g bags spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g Feta cheese, roughly chopped
- 15g dill, finely chopped
- 20g mint, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Spinach and Feta Flan
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Roll the pastry out and line a 20cm-diameter, 4.5cm-deep flan tin with it. Prick the pastry with a fork, line with foil and dry beans and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove foil and beans and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the spinach in a large pan with a little boiling water for a minute or two, until wilted. Drain and, as soon as it is cool enough, squeeze out the liquid with your hands. Chop roughly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion, and sweat for 10-15 minutes or until very soft. Mix with the Feta, spinach and herbs. Season. Spread in the pastry case and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Jun 01 01:00:00 BST 2005.