Perfect for sharing, this is pizza has a spooky-themed twist using seasonal butternut squash
Squash & smoked Cheddar pizza wedges
385g pack Waitrose Sliced Butternut Squash
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
2 x 220g packs Northern Dough Co. Original Frozen Pizza Dough, defrosted
Plain flour, for rolling
145g tub Waitrose Red Chilli Pesto With Tomato
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
150g Waitrose Oak Smoked Cheddar, coarsely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Cut the butternut squash into even-sized chunks. Place on a large, non-stick baking sheet and toss in the olive oil and rosemary. Spread out evenly and roast for 20 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, roll each dough out onto a floured surface to 25cm rounds and place on 2 pizza trays or baking sheets. Spread the surface with the red chilli pesto.
3. Raise the oven temperature to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Arrange the roasted squash and tomatoes on top of the dough then scatter with cheese. Bake for 10–15 minutes until the pizzas are cooked through and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Cook’s tipIf you’re feeding young children, swap the chilli pesto for a regular tomato pesto.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes to 35 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes to 40 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 24 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 29 16:56:31 BST 2016.