Vegetable Filo Tarts filled with a decadent ginger sauce
My recipe is:
Why should your recipe win?
I will continue the 'method' here as will not let me add anything....
4. Mix the creme fresh and chopped dill, season to taste. Heat until mix bubbles and spoon into cases..Serve.
WHY SHOULD MY RECIPE WIN?
It is an easy light basically no 'fiddly' bits and bobs in preparation and uses basic cheep ingredients.
225g/8 oz mushrooms (sliced)
115g/4 oz oyster mushroom (sliced)
1 corgette (sliced)
30 ml/2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped fine
3 shallots sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves crushed
15ml/1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
200g/7oz creme fresh
salt and pepper to season.
Dill and /or Parsley sprigs to garnish
For the Case...
4 sheets fillo pastry
40g/3 tablespoon of melted butter.
Serve with a fresh green salad or on it's own as a starter
1. Cut the filo pastry into four and using a 4 x yorkshire pudding tray line the tin. Each layer of pastry should be brushed with melted butter and layered in a 'star' shape
2. Heat the oven to Gas5/375f/190c and bake the 'cases' until golden brown and crisp. Leave to cool.
3. Prepare the filling by heating the oil in a shallow pan, saute the ginger, garlic and shallots for 2 minutes...adding the mushrooms and corgettes for another 3 minutes.
4. Mix in the creme fresh and chopped dill and