The combination of fragrant pears with caramel-like Medjool dates makes this an irresistible sweet treat.
Sticky pear & date puddings
150g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
150g light brown muscovado sugar
4 pitted medjool dates, roughly chopped
4 Waitrose Conference Pears, peeled, cored and diced
2 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp demerara sugar
Custard or vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, gas mark 5. Lightly butter 6 x 250ml ramekins or heatproof dishes. Mix together 50g of the butter and 50g of the muscovado sugar with the dates and pears, and divide between the dishes.
2. Whisk together the remaining 100g butter and 100g muscovado sugar, eggs, flour and cinnamon to make a thick batter. Spoon over the pears and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
3. Transfer the dishes to a baking tray and bake for 30–35 minutes, until the topping is risen and set and the pears are juicy beneath. Serve with custard or ice cream.
Cook’s tipTo make one large pudding, use a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish and bake for 45–50 minutes until the topping is set.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes to 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes to 50 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 9 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 29 16:42:52 BST 2016.