Try these delicious fruit danish pastries. They are quick and easy to make because they use ready-rolled puff pastry.
Sticky plum and pecan Danish
215g Cooks' Ingredients Puff Pastry Sheet, defrosted
50g pecan nuts
25g light brown muscovado sugar
2 tsp Waitrose Canadian Maple Syrup No. 2 Amber, plus extra fordrizzling
2 tsp softened butter
3 small plums, halved and stoned removed
Icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Unroll the pastry and cut into 6 even 10x10cm squares, rolling the pastry out a little if necessary.
- Place the pecans into a mini processor and blitz until fine. Stir in the sugar, syrup and butter and mix well. Place a heaped spoonful of the mixture in the centre of each pastry square.
- Cut each square of pastry from the corners, stopping at the pecan mixture. Fold the pastry corners over and press into the middle. Put a plum half, cut-side down, into the centre of each one.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and golden. Remove, drizzle with extra syrup to glaze the pastry, then serve warm, dusted with icing sugar, if using.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 35-40 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 11 20:19:00 BST 2014.