These individual sticky apple puddings are impossible to resist. They’re delicious served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Sticky Apple Puds With Butterscotch
- 75g unsalted organic butter
- 75g Waitrose Organic New Zealand Forest Honey
- 3 tbsp Yeo Valley Organic Double Cream
- 4 small organic English eating apples, such as Gala, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ x 250g pack Duchy Originals Organic Butterscotch Shortbread, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the butter, honey and cream in a small saucepan and heat, stirring until melted, to make a fudge sauce. Divide half the mixture between 4 x 150ml ramekins, top with a layer of apple slices, then add half the crushed shortbread.
- Layer with the remaining apples and shortbread, then pour over the rest of the fudge sauce.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling. Allow to stand for 5 minutes then carefully turn out onto plates. Serve with lightly whipped double cream or organic vanilla ice cream.
Prepare these puddings in advance and chill until ready to cook. You could replace the apples with 2 ripe pears.
This pudding needs a wine with a touch of sweetness. Try medium-dry white.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 85 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Sep 01 01:00:00 BST 2007.