Make the most of courgettes when they are in season with this easy vegetarian recipe.
Stilton and walnut stuffed courgettes
4 round courgettes
1 tbsp olive oil
75g fresh breadcrumbs
75g walnuts, chopped
4 salad onions, sliced
25g pack fresh chives, chopped
50g Stilton, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cut the tops off the courgettes and scoop out the centres with a teaspoon, leaving 1cm flesh around the edges. Cook in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and place in a small baking tray.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the breadcrumbs, walnuts, salad onions and chives for 1-2 minutes. Season and stir in the Stilton. Spoon the mixture into the courgettes, pressing down gently. Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender. Serve with salad.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time: 35-40 minutes
Typical values per serving:
All values are per serving. 3.5g fibre / 12.8g protein
Average user rating Based on 6 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 10 16:06:00 BST 2014.