This attractive dessert is quick and easy to prepare, making it ideal for entertaining.
Strawberry shortcake ice cream
400g essential Waitrose British Strawberries, hulled
1 litre Waitrose Vanilla Dairy Ice Cream
200g pack Waitrose All Butter Shortbread Fingers, broken into small pieces
4 tbsp Waitrose Seriously Buttery Caramel Dipping Sauce
1. Thinly slice 4 of the strawberries and roughly chop the remainder. Line a 1.5-litre loaf tin with a double layer of clingfilm, allowing for some overhang. Arrange the sliced strawberries in the base of the tin.
2. Using a large knife, roughly chop the ice cream then mix with the chopped strawberries and the shortbread pieces. Spoon half of the mixture into the prepared tin, patting down firmly so there are no air bubbles.
3. Dot the caramel sauce on top of the ice cream then cover with the remainder of the mixture, firmly smoothing over the surface. Fold over the overhanging clingfilm and place in the freezer for several hours or overnight until very firm.
4. To serve, gently lift out the ice cream and remove the clingfilm. Leave to soften for 10–15 minutes then slice thickly with a large knife.
To make it extra easy to turn out the ice cream, place a long strip of parchment paper in the tin before lining with clingfilm.
And to drink…
Try something deliciously sweet, fizzy and refreshing: San Leo Asti
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 mins plus freezing
Typical values per serving:
3.6g protein, 0.9g fibre
Average user rating Based on 49 ratings
This recipe was first published in Fri Jun 28 12:44:00 BST 2013.