Save to your scrapbook
Supergolden Bake's festive cinnamon cookie wreath
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
While all Waitrose recipes are tested extensively, we do not test any community or third party recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.
Serves: 2 wreaths
225g light brown sugar
130g softened unsalted butter
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp honey
300g plain flour, plus more for rolling
2 tbsp wheatgerm
2 tsp ground cinnamon
⅛ tsp ground cloves
⅛ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp salt
Pinch of baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Use a plate or cake tin to trace two 15cm (6in) circles on greaseproof paper. Turn paper over and line two trays.
2. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
3. Beat the butter and sugar together until well combined. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl halfway through.
4. Gradually add the beaten egg and honey and beat until well incorporated.
5. Add the flour, wheatgerm, spices and salt and briefly beat together until just combined.
6. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured worktop and gently knead to gather into a ball. Flatten to form a disk, divide in half and wrap each half in cling film. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
7. Dust your worktop and rolling pin with flour. Roll out the dough to 3mm ( ⅛in) thick and cut star shapes using medium and small cookie cutters.
8. Arrange the cookies over the circles you traced, overlapping slightly to create the two wreaths.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the wreaths are just starting to colour at the edges. Cool on the trays until firm.
10. Present your wreaths as an edible gift or use as table decoration.