2 tsp baking powder
1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
3 Bramley apples, peeled and cored
150g golden caster sugar
150g butter, melted
3 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, beaten
1 tbsp honey
Swedish apple cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 23cm round loose bottomed tin with baking parchment.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and 1 tsp cinnamon into a large bowl and stir in the sugar. Cut 2 apples into 1cm dice and add to the flour. Mix in the butter then the eggs. Spoon the batter into the tin.
3. Slice the remaining apple and arrange on top of the cake and bake for 50-55 minutes until golden and cooked throughout.
4. While still warm, mix the honey with the remaining cinnamon and brush over the top of the cake. Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 50-55 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Typical values per serving:
2.5g fibre 6.2g protein
Average user rating Based on 89 ratings
This recipe was first published in Fri Apr 04 16:04:00 BST 2014.