With crispy basil leaves and colourful Asian vegetables, this balanced dish is both fragrant and aromatic. The quick-to-cook, cheaper cut of beef makes for a tender addition to the sweet chilli flavour.
Sweet chilli beef stir fry with noodles
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
12 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp sunflower oil
340g pack Waitrose British Beef Bavette Steak, or Frying Steak cut into strips
300g pack Waitrose Asian Fusion Mixed Pepper Stir Fry
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 x 48g Sharwoods Sweet Chilli Stir Fry Melts
2 x 125g pack Sharwoods Wholewheat Noodles, cooked according to packet instructions, to serve
1. Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan. Drop in the basil leaves and cook until fragrant and lightly browned (take care as they may splutter a little). Carefully lift out of the pan and set aside to crisp up.
2. Add the sunflower oil to the pan and cook the steak strips for
3 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add the stir fry vegetables and sesame seeds and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the sweet chilli melts and cook for 1 minute until the meat
and vegetables are lightly coated.
4. Stir the beef and vegetables through the cooked noodles, and top
with the crispy basil leaves.
If you prefer a spicier dish, stir a large pinch of crushed chilli flakes in with the sesame seeds
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
3.9g zinc | 9.5mg niacin
Average user rating Based on 18 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu May 28 16:09:00 BST 2015.