Save to your scrapbook
Tamarind sausages with broccoli and chips
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
200g pack tenderstem broccoli spears
2 tbsp tamarind paste
2 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients frozen Chopped Ginger
8 sausages from 2 x 300g packs Cauldron Frozen Vegan Sausages
500g bag Aunt Bessie’s Frozen Vegetable Chips
½ x 90g pack coconut chunks, grated
125g pack pomegranate seeds
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Crispy Fried Onions
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put a pan of water on to boil for the broccoli.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the tamarind, honey and frozen ginger.
3. Place the sausages on a small non-stick baking tray and brush with some of the tamarind glaze. Scatter the vegetable chips evenly on a second baking tray. Bake the sausages and chips in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Brush the sausages with the glaze three times during cooking and turn as needed. The chips will need turning halfway through.
4. Meanwhile, add a pinch of salt to the water and boil the broccoli for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water for a few minutes; set aside. In a serving bowl, mix the coconut with the pomegranate seeds.
5. Just before serving, add the broccoli and the crispy fried onions to the bowl and toss the salad together. Serve with the sausages and the vegetable chips.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Jun 29 08:58:00 BST 2017.