Save to your scrapbook
Taming Twin's Gin and tonic truffles with white chocolate
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
'Gin and Tonic Truffles – the perfect homemade Christmas gift. Ideal for a gin or chocolate lover in your life!'
While all Waitrose recipes are tested extensively, we do not test any community or third party recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.
400 g Dark chocolate
200 ml Double cream
50 ml Gin
50 ml Tonic water
1 Lime juice and zest
300 g White chocolate to coat
1. Gently melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't allow the bowl to touch the water).
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the double cream, gin, tonic, lime juice and lime zest. Mix until totally combined and smooth.
3. Pop into the fridge, uncovered, for 2 hours or overnight.
4. Remove from the fridge and with clean hands, form into small, walnut sized balls. Place them onto baking paper and pop back into the fridge for 2 hours or freezer for 1 hour.
5.Meanwhile melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
6. Remove the truffles from the fridge or freezer and dip to coat in the white chocolate, tapping off any excess.
7. Allow the chocolate to set totally before serving. Serve the truffles at room temperature.
Tip: If you would like a smoother, neater looking truffle, double the amount of white chocolate and repeat by coating again after the first dip has set.