A quick and easy flavoursome and filling dish, it's a great one to whip up for family and friends. Just beware of overeating it is very moreish! Try it with your own flavours and see what your family likes!
- Total time: approx 15-20 minute
All quantities are to our taste - mix it up to get your mix
1 1/2 cups rice (medium grain white is best but brown is ok)
2 medium tomato's
1 small capsicum (pepper)
handful of mushrooms
1 small onion
1 medium lemon
200g grated cheese
50g yoghurt (or creme fraiche)
- Boil your rice to your preferred softness
- While the rice is boiling dice your tomato, capsicum, mushroom and onion.
- Heat a little olive oil in a fry pan and put the vegetables on to fry. Add the coriander, cumin, mint, chillies and salt to suit your taste. Remember you want to have a slightly stronger flavour here as it will be diluted when added to the rice. Fry the vegetables until the onions are clear, do not let them burn.
- When the rice is cooked, drain and place back in the pan. Add the vegetables and stir. This is a good time for a taste test. If you find the favour bland, add more herbs and spices to suit your taste.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the rice.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Add a spoon of yoghurt and stir, repeat until the rice reaches a sticky consistency (again, you can add more or less to suit your taste).