Perfect for a saturday night in.
The Yum Factor Chocolate Pecan Brownies
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes to 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes to 50 minutes
Makes: Makes 16 squares
225 g unsalted butter
350g Waitrose Continental Plain Chocolate
4 large eggs
350g light brown muscovado sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2x100g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
225g plain flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm x 32cm deep-sided baking tray and line with baking parchment.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate slowly, stirring regularly. When the chocolate lumps are small, remove from the heat (there’ll be enough heat to finish melting the chocolate and you reduce the risk of overheating the mixture). Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence for 10 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then fold in the pecan nuts and flour. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake for 25–30 minutes. Test with a skewer: the mixture should seem not quite cooked in the very middle. Allow to cool, then cut into 16 squares to serve.