Save to your scrapbook
Toasted sourdough with chorizo & roasted red peppers
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: 4 as a starter or snack
2 red peppers
1 tbsp olive oil
6 Unearthed Alfresco Smoked Cooking Chorizo sausages, split lengthways (selected stores)
4 slices sourdough bread
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
½ x 70g pack wild rocket
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Put the whole peppers on a baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes until the skin starts to blister; if you have a gas hob or chef’s blowtorch you can char the skins before roasting, which will give them a smoky flavour. Transfer to a large bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to steam for 10 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, peel and deseed the peppers, tear into thick strips and reserve.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo sausages, cut side down, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, then remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Meanwhile, grill or toast the bread on both sides until golden, and rub one side with the garlic clove. Divide between 4 serving plates and spread with the ricotta.
4. Spoon 1-2 tbsp of the oil from the chorizo pan into a bowl, whisk in the vinegar, and dress the peppers and rocket.
5. Top the slices of sourdough with the peppers. Arrange the chorizo on top and finish with the rocket.
Typical values per serving:
Serve this dish with Waitrose Amontillado Medium Dry Sherry. See the selection of spirits and liquers Waitrose has to offer. (opens in a new window).
Average user rating