A really quite excellent way of satisfying your foodie, healthy, lazy self. A quick and simple, curiously delicious snack. So easy and tasty, it's a reliable backup for when you feel like indulging.
- Total time: 5 Minutes
Sprig of chopped basil
2 slices of wholegrain bread
2 tsp olive oil (or knob of butter)
6 cherry vine tomatoes.
- Toast the bread (as you like it).
- While the bread is toasting, chop the tomatoes in half.
- Splash 1 tsp of olive oil (or half the butter) on each slice of toast.
- Place 6 halves of tomato on each slice and garnish with the basil.
- Sprinkle rock salt and ground pepper.