Save to your scrapbook
Twice-baked spinach & goats cheese soufflés
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Total time: Ready in 45 mins, plus chilling
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Brush the bottom and sides of 8 x 250ml individual soufflé moulds with a little vegetable oil. Dust over a thin layer of flour then set aside.
2. Place the goat’s cheese, egg yolks and spinach into a blender and pulse to a purée. Add the nutmeg and season well.
3. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour and baking powder and cook over a medium heat until you have a paste. Whisk in the crème fraîche, take off the heat and add the spinach purée. Set aside to cool.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the cooled spinach mixture. Pour into the prepared moulds and cook in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes until golden and risen. Remove and set aside to cool, then chill until needed.
5. When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Cook the soufflés in the middle of the oven for 5 minutes until risen again.
Typical values per serving: