Save to your scrapbook
Vegan jackfruit nachos
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 x 160g packs Manomasa Chipotle & Lime Tortillas
350g tub Waitrose Vegan Jackfruit Chilli Sauce
200g pack mixed romano peppers, deseeded and sliced into rings
200g smoked vegan cheese, grated
50g sliced jalapenos
For the guacamole:
2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and destoned
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
½ small red onion, very finely diced
28g pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Put one pack of tortilla chips into a large ovenproof baking dish. Spoon over half of the jackfruit chilli sauce, half of the sliced peppers and half of the grated cheese. Top with the remaining pack of tortilla chips, and the rest of the jackfruit chilli sauce and peppers. Scatter over the jalapenos then top with the remaining cheese.
3. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the nachos are warmed through.
4. To make the guacamole, dice the avocados and place into a mixing bowl. Roughly mash them with a fork, keeping a nice bit of texture.
5. Add the red chilli, red onion, coriander stalks and lime juice, season and mix gently, until everything is evenly combined.
6. Once the tortilla chips are out of the oven, dot the guacamole over the top, pushing some down into the lower layers. Scatter with the coriander leaves and eat immediately.
This recipe was first published in Thu Apr 25 11:36:00 BST 2019.