These vegetarian bugers can also be served in buns with all the usual accompaniments for a more substantial meat-free meal.
1 swede, peeled and diced
300g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and diced
150g January King or Savoy cabbage, shredded
75g Mixed Roasted Nuts, finely choped
1 tbsp hot horseradish sauce
75g plain flour
100g Mixed Seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
Tomato and onion slices, to serve
Salad leaves, to serve
- Cook the swede and potato in boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and coarsely mash. Meanwhile, cook the cabbage in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well and roughly chop.
- Stir the cabbage into the mash with the nuts, horseradish and flour, and season to taste. Divide into 6 and shape into burgers. Place the seeds on a plate and press the burgers on both sides to evenly coat. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the burgers in 2 batches for 4 minutes per batch, turning once, until golden. Serve topped with tomato and onion slices, and salad leaves alongside.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus chilling
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes, plus chilling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jan 08 14:32:59 GMT 2015.