Save to your scrapbook
Vivek Singh’s Chicken malai tikka skewers
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This subtly flavoured dish is easy to prepare, and especially good on a barbecue. If using bamboo skewers, it’s advisable to pre-soak the skewers in water for a couple of hours beforehand.
4 chicken breast fillets, diced into 6 pieces each
½ tsp salt
½ tbsp Bart Infusions Ginger Paste
½ tbsp Bart Infusions Garlic Paste
1 tbsp chopped coriander
Juice of ½ lemon
For the marinade:
50g creamy soft cheese
60g Greek yogurt
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
½ tsp salt
2cm ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
½ tsp mace and cardamom, ground together
2 tbsp single cream
Juice of ½ lemon to serve
Mixed greens to garnish
For the chutney:
28g pack coriander
2 cloves of garlic
1 green chilli
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Lemon to taste
Whizz together all the above to make a fresh green chutney to serve with the skewered chicken
1. Marinate the chicken breast with salt, ginger and garlic paste, coriander and lemon and set it aside for 20 minutes.
2. For the second marinade, mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, cracked black pepper, salt, ginger and green chilli, mace and cardamom powder in a mixing bowl. Add in the second marinade to the pre-marinated chicken and mix well. Fold in the cream - you have to be careful as this mixture might split if mixed vigorously.
3. Set aside the chicken in a refrigerator for another 20 minutes before threading onto pre-soaked skewers.
4. Cook the skewers by placing under a preheated grill for 15 minutes, turning frequently, or in the oven at 200oC, gas mark 6 for 25 minutes or barbecue until thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear.
5. Drizzle with remaining lemon and serve with the chutney and mixed greens.
This recipe was first published in Thu Jun 12 15:27:00 BST 2014.