Choose Waitrose 1 tomatoes for a sensational homemade soup
Waitrose 1 roasted cauliflower cheese sourdough with roasted tomato soup
1kg Waitrose 1 Red Choice or Jack Hawkins Tomatoes, halved
2 red onions, sliced
½ x 20g pack fresh sage
1 tbsp olive oil
1½ litres Cooks’ Ingredients Vegetable Stock
Waitrose 1 Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Sourdough, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the tomatoes, onions and sage in a large roasting tin. Season, then drizzle with the oil. Roast for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
2. Pour the hot vegetable stock over the tomatoes and onions and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes, or until soft.
3. Carefully pour the soup into a liquidiser or food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes, until smooth (you may have to do this in several batches).
4. Reheat the soup, garnish with a little Thai basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with warmed Waitrose 1 Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Sourdough.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 16 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue May 03 17:02:00 BST 2016.