Save to your scrapbook
Yakisoba noodles with greens & cashews
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
2 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
30g cashew nuts
2 tsp groundnut oil
180g pack Waitrose & Partners Vegan Marinated No Beef Chunks
2 salad onions, trimmed and finely sliced
280g pack Waitrose Tenderstem Broccoli & Mangetout Stir Fry
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
235g pak choi, ends trimmed and thickly sliced
200g pack Clearspring Soba Noodles
100g sachet Yo! Soy, Ginger & Garlic Yakisoba
Shredded sushi ginger and aonori seaweed, to serve
1. Stir the rice vinegar, soy sauce and chilli together in a small bowl. Toast the cashews in a dry frying pan until lightly coloured, then set aside.
2. Heat a large wok or frying pan. When very hot, add 1 tsp oil and fry the no-beef chunks for 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and return to a high heat. Add the remaining oil and fry the salad onions, broccoli and mangetout and red pepper for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the pak choi and fry for 3 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions and drain.
4. Return the no-beef chunks to the pan, add the yakisoba sauce and stir over a medium heat until warmed through. Gently stir in the noodles.
5. Divide among 4 bowls, top with cashews and spoon over the chilli vinegar. Sprinkle with ginger and seaweed and serve.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in January 2020.