Low in saturated fat
Zesty chicken with chips and chimichurri
4 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 limes, juice (about 100ml)
2 garlic cloves, chopped
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C, gas mark 6. Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil; season. Roast for 30 minutes until golden.
2. In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, 1⁄2 the chopped garlic and some black pepper. Toss with the chicken, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Mix together the herbs, chilli flakes, green chilli, vinegar and shallot in a small bowl. Season and stir through the extra virgin olive oil.
4. Heat an oiled griddle or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Serve with
the wedges and chimichurri.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus marinating
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes, plus marinating
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Jun 10 10:00:00 BST 2015.