Terms and Conditions
Use of the website
This website waitrosewinetasting.com is owned and operated by Waitrose Ltd part of the John Lewis Partnership ("waitrosewinetasting.com",” Waitrose Ltd”, "we," "us" or "our").
References to this website in these terms and conditions apply to this website however you access it, including accessing this website through a version of this website optimised for use on mobile devices.
Contracts for the supply of products [and services] formed through our website or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our terms and conditions of sale, as detailed below.
Waitrose Ltd Registered Office:
171 Victoria Street
We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website.
Disclaimer of liability
waitrosewinetasting.com has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, waitrosewinetasting.com does not represent or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information or content about any goods or services, software or advertisements (together, the "Materials") contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from this website. Further, no warranty is given that the website shall be available on an uninterrupted basis, and no liability can be accepted in respect of loss or damage arising out of such unavailability.
Access to and use of this website is at the user's own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. We accept no liability for viruses or other computer contaminants. You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards (such as installing appropriate anti-virus software) and firewalls before downloading information or images from the website.
We do not seek to exclude or limit our liability to you for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
Except as set out above, we shall not be liable to you for any of the following (whether or not we were advised of, or knew of, the possibility of such losses) whether arising from any claim arising out of or in connection with the use of the website, including without limitation, under any tort, including negligence, for breach of contract, for misrepresentation (other than fraudulent misrepresentation), intellectual property infringement or under any statute or otherwise:
- any direct losses
- any indirect, special or consequential losses;
- any losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties;
- any loss of business, data, profits, revenue, goodwill, use or anticipated savings;
- loss or damage to your, or any third party's, data or records; or
If any of the above types of loss are found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court, then that type of loss shall be deemed removed from the above and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining types of loss.
Certain links in this website will lead to websites which are not under the control of waitrosewinetasting.com. waitrosewinetasting.com aims to include links to websites that provide relevant and useful information. We do not link to individual personal websites and will not knowingly provide links to sites that contain illegal, malicious, offensive or misleading information. Where an organisation has regional or local services and associated websites, we will only link to their national website.
Wherever possible we aim to link to UK-based websites to ensure information is appropriate and relevant to our customers, and will only link to non-UK based websites when no equivalent website exists in the UK or if the information is directly pertinent to our users.
When any of these links are activated you will leave waitrosewinetasting.com' website and waitrosewinetasting.com has no control over and will not accept responsibility, or liability, for any material or service contained on any linked website. Links provided on the website do not represent any endorsement or other acceptance of responsibility or liability by waitrosewinetasting.com for any content provided or available on such sites.
All information or content transmitted by any functionality made available on this website, including gift messages are the responsibility of you, the sender. You confirm that by using this service you will not transmit any material which could be considered offensive, obscene or otherwise objectionable. waitrosewinetasting.com cannot be held liable either directly or indirectly for the content of any such functionality, nor for any loss nor damage of any kind which you may incur as the result of your use of this service.
Registering on the website
Customers may register to use the services available from this website. waitrosewinetasting.com may decline a registration request at its sole discretion. By registering for the services, you agree that:
- The personal information that you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
To comply with licensing and other legislation some services on this website are only available to those aged 18 years and over and we will ask you to enter your date of birth before accessing such services.
We are the owner or the licensee of all copyright, design rights, database rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights on this website, and in the material published on it. Your use of the website grants no rights to you in relation to our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of third parties. All such rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Subject to the following paragraph, you may not modify, copy, translate, broadcast, perform, distribute, frame, reproduce, republish, post, transmit or sell any content or intellectual property appearing on this website. You agree not to change or delete any ownership notices from materials downloaded or printed from the website.
You may print or otherwise copy materials published on this website for personal use only, provided that any copy of these materials which you make retains all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Waitrose magazine special reader offers:
- When you book the Explorer package, using the relevant offer code, you will become eligible to receive a complimentary glass of Prosecco per guest on arrival.
- When you book the Premium package, using the relevant offer code, you will become eligible to receive a complimentary glass of Champagne per guest on arrival.
This reward entitles you to one £50 gift card when booking a Waitrose Wine Tasting At Home experience for parties of 8 or more between November 6th 2018 and June 30th 2019. All events must be booked by January 31st 2019. You will receive your gift card on the day of your wine tasting experience. Gift card is valid at Waitrose & Partners and John Lewis & Partners. Only one discount per household. Not valid with any other promotion or discount.
Each certificate has a unique code and expiry date. The recipient must follow the terms and conditions stated on their unique certificate.
Refer a Friend
Referral scheme is open to customers who have hosted a Wine Tasting At Home event from 18 January 2018 to 1 April 2019. There is one unique code for each existing host and these are non-transferable. There is no limit to the number of referrals made by each existing host. The referred customer must book their package by 31st May 2019 in order for the code to be valid. Hosts will receive one bottle of Baron de Ley Rioja, subject to availability. The wine will be delivered to eligible hosts by 31st July 2019. Each code can only be redeemed by new customers once. Offer not redeemable in conjunction with any other offer. Offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice. In the event of any disputes regarding this referral scheme, the decision of Waitrose & Partners is final.
Events and Adverse Weather Conditions
If there is the potential of adverse weather the day before/on the day of your event, we will contact you to advise accordingly. The safety of our Partners is paramount and unfortunately, from time to time we may have to cancel your event and re-arrange for a later date.
Should you wish to speak to someone sooner or have any questions regarding your event, please call the duty manager on 07860 927141.
Waitrose Tasting Event – Hosting Terms & Conditions
The following disclaimer sets out the basis on which Waitrose Limited (“Waitrose”) is willing to provide its services in relation to supporting the above-mentioned Event
Applicable Terms and Conditions:
You understand and accept that the Event is a private function which, as the host, you are primarily responsible for. As such, in order to provide an acceptable environment in which Waitrose can send its staff and provide the above-mentioned services to you, you agree to ensure that the following conditions are met:
- All participants must be legally old enough to drink alcohol and will consume any alcohol responsibly in the presence of our staff. Waitrose reserves the right to ask any guests to provide proof of age of any guests in accordance with the “Challenge 25” policy;
- We will provide spittoon/s for the Event and recommend that any attendees who are driving do not consume alcohol. We are not liable or responsible for any individual who chooses to drive from the Event
- Whilst in the presence of our staff, all participants must act in a safe, responsible and inoffensive manner, obeying any applicable laws and ensuring that they are dressed appropriately;
- The agreed Venue must be free from any health and safety hazards which would make it inappropriate to host the Event or which would create an unsafe environment for our staff to work in. As such, we ask that the Venue be a smoking free zone whilst our employees are at the Venue;
- The Venue must have appropriate and reasonably accessible amenities for the number of participants, including our staff;
- Any food or beverages ordered from Waitrose Entertaining or the Waitrose Cellar in accordance with this Event are subject to the terms and conditions for those services, as set out on our website;
- It is your responsibility to store and prepare any food that you order from Waitrose Entertaining for the Event;
- Food and drink for the Event will be delivered as agreed in advance between yourself and Waitrose;
- If agreed in advance, you will provide reasonable access to the Venue prior to the Event to enable appropriate unpacking of food and wine and set-up (wines and food to be chilled etc);
- It is your responsibility to check and cater for any allergies that your guests may have. It is also your responsibility to make the Wine specialist aware before the tasting begins;
- We will not tolerate any behaviour or conduct towards our staff which, in our reasonable opinion (or the reasonable opinion of our attending staff), poses a danger or causes or is likely to cause nuisance, annoyance, offence or distress to any of our employees or which may damage any of our property and we reserve the right to withdraw our staff from the Event without liability or a refund, blacklist you from our services and/or take any appropriate legal action, in the event that a legitimate complaint is made about yours or a guest’s conduct during the Event in accordance with this clause;
- You accept full responsibility for and will indemnify us for any loss or damage caused by you or a guest to any of Waitrose property used during the Event;
- Save for any death, personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (such as fraud), Waitrose, its directors, employees, contractors and assignees shall not be liable for:
- Any personal injury or death suffered by you or your guests in connection with the Event;
- Any theft, damage, destruction or loss to the property of you or your guests;
- Any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability incurred by you or your guests during the Event (“Losses”), including, but not limited to:
- Losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
- Losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of the trader; and/or
- Business losses
- Any Losses suffered by the you or your guests as a result of
- Full refund of any payments will be given if an event is cancelled 7 days or more in advance. Cancellations less than 14 days in advance will incur a £100 cost/loss of deposit, which can alternatively be used to reschedule the event for another date.
- In order to provide the services connected to the Event, we may be required to process limited personal information about your or your guests. In any such cases, we will ensure that we have your consent to do so and will use any such personal data in accordance only with any purposes which we have communicated to you and in accordance with any applicable law, including, but not limited to, the Data Protection Act 1998; and
- These terms shall be governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute, claim or point of interpretation in relation to them.