Quantity of Lily Four Tier Cheese Cake in trolley 0
- Serves 50
- This product is available between 21st July and 30th September
A selection of cheeseboard cheeses, ready to stack for a savoury cake. Perfect for celebrations, dinner parties or family get-togethers, it includes:
- Thelma’s Gorwydd Caerphilly 2kg: A true Welsh Caerphilly made in West Wales and named after ‘Thelma’ who started a renaissance in Welsh artisan cheesemaking in the 1980s. Made with pasteurised cow's milk, it is a hard, slightly crumbly cheese with an earthy taste and a delicate lemon back note.
- Cornish Baby Yarg 950g: A popular cheese made in Cornwall. Yarg is ‘gray’ backwards, the surname of the family who provided the cheese recipe. Made with pasteurised cow’s milk, this cheese is covered in green edible nettles, hand-picked and steamed. The texture is moist and crumbly and the taste is fresh and lemony with mushroom hints.
- Perlwen 200g: Made in Wales this is reminiscent of a French Brie. It is soft and springy with a slightly chewy edible rind. Made with pasteurised cow’s milk, it will soften to a melting texture when warm. The taste is creamy and fresh with a slight hint of salt.
- Coeur Neufchatel Heart 200g: A beautiful, artisanal heart-shaped cheese perfect for the top of a cake. Made in France with pasteurised cow's milk, this has been popular since the 1800s. The soft cheese can be a little chalky when young, but the taste is a perfect balance of sharp salt and creamy mushroom.
Decorate your cake with dried and fresh fruit, figs, dried and fresh herbs and flowers. Eat simply with biscuits, breads, fruit and chutney. Add cold meats and olives for more of a meal.
This cake works well accompanied by red or white wine, Champagne, cider, beer or sparkling water.
Height 25cm, diameter 18cm.
- Waitrose own label
Please note that while we take every care to make sure the product information displayed on our website is correct, product recipes are regularly changed. This may affect nutrition and allergen information therefore you should always check product labels and not rely solely on the information presented here.
If you require specific advice on any Waitrose branded product, please contact our Customer Care Team. For all other products, please contact the manufacturer.
This information is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without the prior consent of Waitrose Limited nor without due acknowledgement.