Quantity of SMA PRO Follow-On Milk 6mth+ in trolley 0
. *Salt is calculated as sodium x 2.5. Sodium is present for nutritional purposes, ♦GOS/FOS Galacto-oligosaccharides/ Fructo-oligosaccharides, †beneficial effect of essential fatty acids is obtained with a daily intake of 10 g of lin
|Typical values||per 100 ml prepared feed|
|Of which Saturates||1.3g|
|Of which Sugars||5.5g|
Preparation and Usage
Feeding guide from 6+ months 1 Serving = 200ml: 1 beaker/bottle, Amount of cooled freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6 fl. oz. (approx.), Number of scoops of powder 6 All babies are different but try to ensure that from 6 months to 1 year your baby has 500 - 600 ml of SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk per day, either as a drink, or on cereals or mixed with food. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz.) of water. Approx. 174 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.6 g. Approx. 29 x 200 ml servings per can. Important Feeding Information Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill. We recommend preparing each feed in individual beakers/bottles when required. For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the beaker/bottle as soon as possible. Made-up formulae can be poured over cereals and mixed with food. Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed. Do not warm feeds in microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year. Preparation Instructions How to open and prepare your baby's feed Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill. 1. Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it. 2. Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions. 3. Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure 180 ml (approx. 6 fl. oz.) of water into a beaker or bottle, carefully - the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water. 4. Using only the scoop provided, add 6 scoops of powder, levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop in suspension inside the can and replace lid. 5. Place a lid on the beaker, or teat and cap on the bottle, and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool beaker/ bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the lid/teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
- Produce of the EU
- Produced in Europe
- Iron to help support normal cognitive development in baby's brain
- Vitamins A, C & D to help support the normal function of baby's immune system
- Vitamin D and calcium to support the normal growth and development of bones
- Omega 3 & 6† and iodine to help support normal growth
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk is only suitable for babies over 6 months as part of a mixed diet. It should not be used as a substitute for breast milk during the first 6 months. The decision to start weaning or to use this product before 6 months should be made only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, based on baby's individual needs. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Never leave your baby alone during feeding as there is a risk they might choke.
Please note that while we take every care to make sure the product information displayed on our website is correct, product recipes are regularly changed. This may affect nutrition and allergen information therefore you should always check product labels and not rely solely on the information presented here.
If you require specific advice on any Waitrose branded product, please contact our Customer Care Team. For all other products, please contact the manufacturer.
This information is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without the prior consent of Waitrose Limited nor without due acknowledgement.