Our Chocolate Avocado Easter eggs are nearly gone but
don't worry, we’ve got ten to give away!
Join us on Facebook by commenting on our competition
post telling us who you'd give yours to if you won, or if you
would simply keep it all to yourself!
Terms and conditions+
1. This promotion is open to all United Kingdom residents (including residents of Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Scottish Highlands) aged 18 or over as of their date of entry. The winners of the prize and all recipients must also be aged 18 or over.
2. To enter, entrants must add a comment on Waitrose’s dedicated avocado Easter egg competition post on Facebook.
Please note: In accordance with Facebook terms of service and privacy laws, we will not be able to see entries from people with strict privacy settings on Facebook. Therefore, to be eligible to receive a prize, Facebook users must leave a comment when prompted on Waitrose Facebook posts that refer to the promotion. Those entering are advised to ‘Like’ Waitrose on Facebook and check their Facebook notifications from 9am on Monday 5 March 2018.
4. Internet access is required.
5. Entries must be made between 10am on Wednesday 21 March 2018 to 10am on Thursday 22 March 2018.
6. There will be 10 winners. The prize consists of 1x Waitrose chocolate avocado.
8. The prize image is for illustrative purposes.
9. No automated or third party entries permitted. Entrants can enter more than once.
10. The winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received throughout the promotional period. Entries received after the closing date cannot be considered.
11. Participants must provide to the Promoter, when requested, documentary proof of their age and/or residency status. Failure to meet these criteria shall result in instant disqualification from the Promotion including receipt of any prize.
12. All entries must be submitted by 10am on Thursday 22 March 2018. Illegible entries or those not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are incomplete, invalid or fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
13. The winners will be notified by a reply to their Facebook comment by 11am on Thursday 22 March 2018. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners, however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within 24 hours, an alternative winner may be chosen, subject to the same terms and conditions specified herein. Those entering are advised to ‘Like’ Waitrose on Facebook and check their notifications from 11am on Thursday 22 March 2018.
14. If a winner of the prize is unable to take up the prize for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
15. No cash alternative will be offered and no royalties will be given to the winners of the competition. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one equivalent or of greater value. Waitrose and partners accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by any prizes won.
16. The Promoter may look to feature selected entries, photos and videos in promotional materials, including social media content and on waitrose.com. In this case, the Promoter will seek approval from the entrant via the social media channel they submitted their entry on. Upon approval, these entrants grant Waitrose a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence (with the right to sub-license) in the Territory of Provider's Intellectual Property Rights.
17. If events occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond Waitrose’s reasonable control, it may, at its discretion, vary or amend the promotion accordingly and the promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in such circumstances.
18. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
19. The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
20. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
21. Waitrose and partners are responsible for the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition.
22. We will never release your personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes, unless you opt-in to receive information and offers. In this instance, personal details are used for the purposes of awarding the competition prizes only.
23. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that by entering the competition you are providing your information to Waitrose and not to Facebook..
24. You must comply with all of the rules regarding the use of Facebook including, but not limited to, any rules relating to the entry of promotions.
25. By entering the promotion you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion must be directed to Waitrose and not Facebook.
26. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
Promoter: Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA