WHO CAN ENTER THE PROMOTION?
1. The Promotion is open to residents of Great Britain excluding residents of Northern Ireland, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
HOW DOES THE “WIN HESTON’S SIXTH HIDDEN TICKET” PROMOTION WORK?
1. Entry to this Promotion is through the Waitrose Facebook page. To be considered for entry, Facebook users must comment on the following Facebook post from 09:00 on Sunday 23 February 2014: ‘We have an extra hidden ticket to join Heston on his amazing food experience! For your chance to WIN, simply tell us which exciting flavour combination you would add to his box of chocolates’.
2. Closing Date: all entries must be received by 09:00 on Tuesday 25 February 2014.
3. No automated entries permitted.
WHAT IS THE MAIN PRIZE?
1. There will only be one winner of Heston’s Hidden Ticket, entitling them to an unforgettable ‘Heston Food Experience’.
2. The winner may bring one guest of their choice to the Prize Event and they will be joining five other ticket holders and their guests for the Prize Event described below.
3. The Prize Event involves a ‘Heston Food Experience’ starting at 10.30am on 24 March 2014 in Bray, Berkshire. The Winner and their guest will be transported from their homes in the UK to Bray (exact details to be confirmed by the Promoter before the Prize Event date). The ‘Heston Food Experience’ will start with a tour for all winners and their guests of selected Heston restaurants and pubs in Bray, followed by lunch at The Hind’s Head, Bray (which includes a fixed set menu and selected drinks). Then from 2-4pm, Heston and his team will host a food demonstration with tastings at one of his experimental kitchens in Bray. Winners and their guests will then be transported to London where they will enjoy an evening meal from a set tasting menu with selected accompanying wines at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal. This will be followed by one night’s accommodation based on a twin/double room, which is to be shared by the winner and their guest, on a bed and breakfast basis at a top London 5 star hotel. Transport from Dinner to the hotel will be provided by the Promoter. On the morning of 25 March 2014, the winners and their guests will be transported from the hotel back to their homes.
4. Any additional costs incurred with the Prize Event will be payable by the winners and/or their guests.
5. The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are strictly prohibited from selling or transferring their prizes to any other person.
6. The prize must be taken on 24 March 2014 and there is no option to change dates.
7. Each winner must bring the original Heston’s Hidden Ticket with them to the Prize Event on 24 March 2014. Failure by any winner to do so risks forfeiture of their prize. Please note, the Facebook winner will be sent their Hidden Ticket by post within 14 days of the prize winner’s confirmation that they are accepting the prize.
8. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the failure of any third parties to fulfil their obligations associated with this competition. The winners and their guests will be bound by any terms imposed by any third parties providing services as part of the prize.
9. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries which fail to be properly submitted. The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion. Entries submitted by any other means (including by email or post) will be rejected.
10. The prize will be awarded to the first entry selected at random by a random number generator on Tuesday 25 February 2014, from all those that commented on the original Facebook post by the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date cannot be considered.
WHEN WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
1. The Winner will be announced and notified by a @mention in the comments on the original Facebook post by Wednesday 26 February 2014 and then will engage in a conversation with Waitrose via private message to arrange the prize. .
2. In the event that any winner refuses acceptance of the prize, or for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact with the winner within 7 days of the announcement on the Waitrose Facebook page, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner in its absolute discretion.
3. Publicity will be given to the competition Winner and their names and/or area and/or entry will be announced on the Waitrose Facebook page. No payment will be made for entries except the prize awarded to one Winner.
4. The winner’s details (name and county) will be available for six weeks from the Closing Date by sending a SAE to Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA to be received on or after the Closing Date.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE PROMOTION
1. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to entrants or third parties.
3. The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
4. By participating in this promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use and store your personal details in the course of running the promotion as set out in these terms and conditions, for related promotional purposes and announcing and publicising the winner and advertising the Promoter’s products, subject to compliance with applicable data protection laws.
5. By participating in this promotion, winners and their guests agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in forfeiture of the prize.
6. The Promoter shall have no liability to any winners or their guests in connection with this promotion, save as required by law or as specifically set out herein.
7. By participating in the promotion, you agree that the John Lewis Partnership* may use your personal details for mailing or marketing purposes
*John Lewis Partnership includes John Lewis, Waitrose, John Lewis Insurance and John Lewis Financial Services Any breach of these terms and conditions by the winner may result in forfeiture of their prize.
8. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that by entering the competition you are providing your information to Waitrose and not to Facebook.
9. You must comply with all of the rules regarding the use of Facebook including but not limited to any rules relating to the entry of promotions on Facebook.
10. By entering the promotion you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion must be directed to Waitrose and not Facebook.
11. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
12. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Promoter: Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA.