Save to your scrapbook
Chocolate & chestnut cheesecake pots
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
25g cream cheese
25g Merchant Gourmet Chestnut Purée
¼ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp double cream
50g Valrhona Noir Guanaja 70% Cacao Chocolate
Small pinch sea salt flakes
1 British Blacktail Medium Free Range Egg white
15g golden caster sugar
For the crust
2 digestive biscuits
1 tsp cocoa powder
15-20g butter, melted
For the topping
½ tsp cacao nibs
½ tsp gold stars (optional)
1. Start by making the crust. Place the biscuits in a bag and crush with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs. Place in a bowl, add the cocoa powder and melted butter. Stir well then use a teaspoon to divide between 2 serving glasses. Press down so it is slightly compacted and then place in the fridge.
2. Place the cream cheese, chestnut purée and vanilla in a bowl, and beat well with a rubber spatula until smooth. Add the double cream and whisk for about 1½ minutes, until combined and thickened. Set aside.
3. Place the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of just simmering water and heat, stirring constantly, until just melted. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Place the salt and egg white in another bowl, and beat with an electric whisk until soft peaks form. With the motor still running, slowly add the sugar, and beat until stiff. Set aside.
5. Pour the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture, and fold in with a rubber spatula until almost combined. Add the beaten egg white, a little at first then the rest, little by little, folding gently with a metal spoon until just combined. Spoon on top of the biscuit mixture. Using a teaspoon, shape the surface with a swoosh. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Scatter with cacao nibs and gold stars (if using) to serve.
Elly’s tips You can omit the base and simply
eat this as a chocolate cheesecake mousse.
To make this gluten free, swap the digestive biscuits for gluten-free versions.
Typical values per serving: