Save to your scrapbook
Heston's Midwest baby back ribs
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Try Heston's brined pork loin ribs marinated and cooked in a delicious barbecue sauce. A fabulous dish fit for an alfresco feast.
Serves: 4-6 (sharing)
2 litres water
2 packs essential Waitrose British Pork Rack Of Loin Ribs
100g golden caster sugar
60g white wine vinegar
35g Dijon mustard
3/4 tbsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp ground allspice
500g tomato ketchup
25g Worcestershire sauce
500g Heston from Waitrose Chicken Stock
1. For the brine: heat 1 litre of water in a large pan and bring to the boil. Add the salt and whisk until fully dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour in 1 litre of cold water. Allow to cool completely.
2. Pour this brine into a large plastic container, add the ribs and cover with the lid. Place the ribs in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together (except the stock) and place in a bowl. Drain the brined ribs and transfer to the marinade, making sure they are well coated in the marinade. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
4. Transfer the ribs into a wide shallow pan with the marinade and add the stock. Over a medium heat, allow this to come to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until tender. Remove the ribs and bring the marinade to the boil and reduce to a thick sauce consistency.
5. Before serving, place the ribs on a hot barbecue for 5-10 minutes, brush regularly with the thickened marinade. Serve the ribs topped with the sauce.
Typical values per serving:
1.1g fibre/25.8g protein. All values per serving
This recipe was first published in Wed Jun 18 09:58:00 BST 2014.