Save to your scrapbook
Heston’s Ultimate bacon sandwich
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 slices essential Waitrose Medium White Sliced Bread
3 rashers Heston from Waitrose Syrup & Stout Streaky Bacon
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp French's Mustard
1 tbsp Heinz Tomato Ketchup
1 tbsp mayonnaise
10g salted butter, for spreading
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Place the bacon rashers on a piece of baking parchment, and put another piece of baking parchment on top.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll the bacon until thin. Remove the top sheet of baking parchment and discard. Cut the rashers in half.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the rashers until cooked through and crisp, turning frequently. Remove two of the rashers and set aside; let the remaining rasher fry, turning frequently, until extremely crisp and caramelised.
5. Meanwhile, toast one of the slices of bread.
6. Mix together the mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise in a bowl.
1. Spread the butter on the toasted bread, add the bacon rashers and top with the untoasted bread.
2. Serve the sauce in a bowl for dipping. Alternatively, spread the sauce on one of the slices of bread.
Clcik here to watch this recipe being made.
Average user rating