Save to your scrapbook
Heston’s white chocolate miso truffles
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: approximately 25
For the ganache:
100g Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients White Miso Glaze
200g white chocolate
80g whipping cream
50g unsalted butter, softened
For the nori coating:
2 sheets nori
50g granulated sugar
1. Place the white miso glaze into a small saucepan, and heat until reduced by half.
2. Put the cream in a saucepan over a medium heat, and bring to the boil. In the meantime, chop the chocolate into small chunks and place in a bowl.
3. When the cream has reached boiling point, pour a third of it over the chocolate and whisk thoroughly until smooth. Add each remaining third, mixing well each time, until completely smooth.
4. Add the butter and whisk to incorporate. Add the reduced miso glaze and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour into a container and place in the fridge until fully set.
6. Place the nori into an oven preheated to 60°C for 3 hours, or until completely dry.
7. When dried, blitz the nori in a liquidizer to a fine powder, then mix with the sugar.
8. When you’re ready to assemble the truffles, scoop out balls of the ganache using a melon baller. Place them on a tray lined with baking parchment, and chill for 15 minutes.
9. Roll the truffles in the nori mix.