Save to your scrapbook
Lamb rogan josh with spinach
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
400g pack Waitrose 4 extra trimmed New Zealand lamb leg steaks
2 tsp sunflower oil
2 onions, finely sliced
3cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely shredded
255g pack The Spice Tailor rustic Rogan josh sauce kit
3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
100g bag Waitrose baby spinach
150g basmati rice, steamed, to serve
1. Cut the lamb leg steaks into 3cm pieces, discarding any visible fat, and season with freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat a large, non-stick sauté pan over a medium heat, add the oil, onion and ginger. Season with freshly ground black pepper and fry for 5 minutes or until softened but not coloured. Add the spices from the Rogan josh sauce kit and fry for another minute.
3. Add the lamb and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add the base sauce from the sauce kit and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the remaining sachet of sauce and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 1 hour or until the lamb is tender.
5. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until softened. Stir in the spinach and leave to wilt for 2 minutes. Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce slightly.
6. Spoon the Rogan josh into 4 bowls and serve with the rice.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Feb 07 09:53:00 GMT 2013.