Save to your scrapbook
Moroccan chicken tagine
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Fibre-rich red lentils give this simple, spicy chicken stew a hearty boost.
Olive oil spray
1 onion, chopped
2cm piece root ginger, roughly chopped
400g essential Waitrose British chicken breast chunks
2 tsp Bart ras el hanout
125g Waitrose LOVE Life red split lentils
1 litre Cooks’ Ingredients chicken stock, hot
12 Waitrose LOVE Life soft apricots, halved
200g Waitrose LOVE Life wholewheat couscous
Juice of ½ lemon
110g Waitrose pomegranate seeds
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1. Spray a large pan with oil and cook the onion, ginger and chicken for 5 minutes.
2. Add the ras el hanout, lentils and stock, then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the halved apricots to the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is tender.
4. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 300ml boiling water, cover and set aside for 6-10 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
5. Season the tagine with a little lemon juice and scatter over the pomegranate seeds and coriander. Serve with the couscous.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Tue Apr 09 10:26:04 BST 2013.