Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chopped Frozen Shallots
2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Frozen Jalapeño Red Chillies
2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chopped Frozen Garlic
2 x 400g cans Waitrose Peeled Italian Cherry Tomatoes
2 Waitrose Frozen Crisp & Rustic White Baguettes
2 x 200g packs Big & Juicy Raw Jumbo Tiger Prawns, defrosted and drained
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Frozen Flat-leaf Parsley
75g essential Waitrose Greek Light Salad Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and gently cook the shallots, chilli and garlic for 1-2 minutes to soften.
2. Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce until thickened. Meanwhile, bake the baguettes for 8-10 minutes according to packet instructions.
3. Add the prawns and parsley to the pan and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until the prawns are pink and completely cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, heat a ridged griddle pan. Halve the baked baguettes horizontally, then cut each half in two. Lightly brush the cut sides of the bread with the remainder of the olive oil and griddle for 2-3 minutes until golden.
5. Crumble the cheese over the prawns and heat together for a few minutes. Serve the saganaki straight from the pan or in individual warmed dishes with the bread on the side.
Typical values per serving:
1 of your 5 a day
This recipe was first published in Tue Jul 10 09:57:00 BST 2018.