Save to your scrapbook
Salt Chocolate Pot with Tequila and Orange Granita
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
For the Granita:
200ml Orange juice, smooth
35ml Anejo Tequila
For the chocolate pot:
75g Dark chocolate, melted (70%)
185ml Double cream
30g Dark brown muscovado sugar
½ Vanilla pod, scraped
1 Large egg
½ tsp Sea salt
For the granita:
1. Pour the orange juice, water and tequila into a shallow dish and carefully place into the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until it is completely frozen. Using a fork, scrape the frozen juice to break it up and return to the freezer until needed.
For the Chocolate pot:
1. Add the chocolate to a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds.
2. Next, combine the cream,sugar and vanilla into a small pan. Bring to the boil and remove.
3. Scrape into the chocolate and blitz until smooth.
4. Add the egg and blitz.
5. Finally, add the salt. Pour into 2 ramekins, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Spoon the grated granita onto the set chocolate pot and eat straight away.
This recipe is a Waitrose Cookery School recipes, from our Mexican Fiesta course.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in June 2016.