Save to your scrapbook
Salted caramel brownies
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
FOR THE CARAMEL
170ml tub double cream
1 tsp vanilla powder
75g salted butter
Pinch of salt
225g caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
FOR THE BROWNIES
250g unsalted butter
200g Cooks’ Homebaking Dark Chocolate
50g Cooks’ Homebaking Milk Chocolate
250g golden caster sugar
4 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, beaten
150g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a 20cm brownie tin with baking parchment.
2. In a pan, combine the cream, vanilla, butter and salt over a low heat until just bubbling. Set aside.
3. In another pan, place the sugar and syrup over a medium heat and swirl until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat and swirl until a golden caramel is reached.
4. Pour over the cream mixture – it will bubble and spit so be careful. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
5. For the brownies, melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once smooth, stir in the remaining ingredients until combined, then pour into the tin.
6. Drizzle over 4 tbsp of the cooled caramel then bake for 25 minutes until risen but still with a wobble.
7. Remove from the oven and cool for 1 hour before cutting into 12 squares. Drizzle with caramel and serve with Heston from Waitrose Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream.
Typical values per serving: