Save to your scrapbook
Sausages & mash with onion gravy
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
6 Waitrose Duchy Organic Potatoes, peeled and diced into even chunks
80g Waitrose Duchy Organic Butter, roughly cubed
2 x packs Waitrose Duchy Organic
6 Free Range British Pork Sausages
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Waitrose Duchy Organic Onions, peeled and finely sliced
10 sage leaves, finely chopped
2 x 200g packs Heston from Waitrose Finishing Jus For Beef
2 tsp sherry vinegar
3 Waitrose Duchy Organic Carrots, peeled and cut into batons
½ Waitrose Duchy Organic Savoy Cabbage, hard core removed and leaves shredded
1. Preheat the grill to high. Place the potatoes in a large pan of water and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 12 minutes or until completely tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander. Place the butter into the pan the potatoes were cooked in and melt over a low heat. Mash the potatoes, or put them through a potato ricer, into the hot butter and season. Beat the butter and potatoes together until you have a smooth mash.
2. Cook the sausages under the grill for 12-15 minutes, turning regularly. Turn the grill off and leave the sausages underneath to keep warm until ready.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium to high heat. Add the sliced onions and chopped sage leaves. Fry the onions, stirring regularly for about 10 minutes, by which time they should be golden and totally soft. Pour in the finishing jus and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir through the sherry vinegar.
4. In a large saucepan of cold water add the carrot batons. When the water is boiling add the shredded cabbage and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain the vegetables in a colander and season.
5. Serve the sausages on the mash with the onion gravy over the top and boiled vegetables on the side.
Typical values per serving:
per serving for 4 (with 3 sausages each)
This recipe was first published in Tue Sep 08 10:31:00 BST 2015.