Save to your scrapbook
Smoked mackerel & spinach baked eggs
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 200g essential Waitrose Peppered Smoked Mackerel
• 260g pack essential Waitrose Spinach
• 5 tbsp essential Waitrose Double Cream
• 1 tbsp essential Waitrose Dijon Mustard
• 2 essential Waitrose Free Range Eggs
• ¼ x 25g pack chives (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Remove the skin and any bones from the mackerel, then break the fish into chunks. Wash the spinach and wilt according to pack instructions.
2. Mix the cream with the mustard. Squeeze the spinach to remove as much water as possible, then roughly chop. Divide between 2 individual ovenproof dishes. Add the mackerel, followed by the cream mixture. Finally, crack an egg on top of each one.
3. Cook on a baking tray for 12-14 minutes. The white should be set and the yolk cooked to your liking. Scatter with chives (if using) and serve immediately.
If you don’t fancy fish, try this recipe using some ham, cooked chicken or crumbled feta instead.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in September 2017.