Save to your scrapbook
Sponge kisses with raspberry ripple yogurt ice cream
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
For the sponge kisses
2 Waitrose British Blacktail Medium Free Range Eggs
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
20g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tbsp icing sugar
For the ice cream
500g tub Greek yogurt
150g caster sugar
Juice ½ lemon
200g fresh raspberries
1. To make the ice cream place the yogurt in a bowl and add 100g of the caster sugar and lemon juice. Mix until the sugar has dissolved. Place in a rigid freezer container and freeze
for 1 hour or until soft-scoop stage.
2. Meanwhile place 150g of the raspberries in a small saucepan with the remaining 50g sugar and gently cook until the sugar has dissolved and the raspberries are soft and a jam-like consistency. Strain through a sieve to remove the seeds and set aside to cool completely.
3. Stir the ice cream then smooth the top. Spoon half of the cooled raspberry sauce on top and using a skewer swirl the sauce through the mixture. Return to the freezer and leave to freeze for 1-2 hours more.
4. To make the sponge kisses, preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line 3 baking trays with parchment paper. Crack the eggs into a bowl and add 100g of the sugar and the vanilla. Whisk with an electric whisk until pale in colour and the beaters leave a ribbon trail in the mixture when lifted out.
5. Sift together the flour, cornflour and baking powder over the egg mixture and carefully fold in using a large metal spoon. Pour in
the melted butter and fold in until all is thoroughly combined. Drop tablespoons
of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays
to make 4 neat circles per tray, allowing space between each one. You will have 12 altogether. Bake for 10-12 minutes until pale and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
6. To assemble, remove the ice cream from the freezer and leave to soften for 10 minutes. Place a sponge kiss on a serving plate and top with a scoop of ice cream. Spoon over an extra drizzle of the remaining raspberry sauce, plus a few of the remaining raspberries then sandwich with another sponge kiss on top. Repeat with
the remaining sponges to make 6. Dust the
tops with icing sugar and serve.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu May 03 10:02:00 BST 2018.